An Annual Meeting of Shareholders of Brookfield Asset Management Inc. (the "Corporation" or "Brookfield") will be held at the Design Exchange, 234 Bay Street, Toronto, Canada on Friday, June 16, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), to:
1. receive the consolidated financial statements of the Corporation for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2016, including the external auditor’s report;
2. elect directors who will serve until the next annual meeting of shareholders;
3. appoint the external auditor who will serve until the next annual meeting of shareholders and authorize the directors to set its remuneration; and
4. consider and, if thought advisable, pass an advisory resolution on the Corporation’s approach to executive compensation.
We will consider any other business that may properly come before the meeting. You have the right to vote at the meeting if you were a Brookfield shareholder at the close of business on May 3, 2017. Before casting your vote, we encourage you to review the meeting’s business in the section "Business of the Meeting" of our management information circular to be dated May 1, 2017 (the "Circular"). The Circular will be made publicly available on May 15, 2017.
This year we are again posting electronic versions of the Circular and our 2016 Annual Report (collectively, the "investor materials") on our website for shareholder review – a process known as "Notice and Access." Electronic copies of the investor materials may be accessed at https://bam.brookfield.com under "Notice and Access 2017" and at www.sedar.com and www.sec.gov/edgar.
Under Notice and Access, if you would like paper copies of any investor materials please contact us at 1-866-989-0311 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will mail materials free of charge within three business days of your request, provided the request is made before the date of the meeting or any adjournment thereof. In order to receive investor materials in advance of the deadline to submit your vote, we recommend that you contact us before 5:00 p.m. EDT on June 1, 2017. All shareholders who have signed up for electronic delivery of the investor materials will continue to receive them by email.
The meeting will be broadcast live by video webcast. The webcast of the meeting may be accessed at http://services.choruscall.ca/links/bamagm20170616.html.
Information for Registered Holders
If you are not attending the meeting and wish to vote by proxy, we must receive your vote by 5:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, June 14, 2017. You can cast your proxy vote in the following ways:
- On the Internet at www.cstvotemyproxy.com;
- Fax your signed proxy to (416) 368-2502 or 1-866-781-3111;
- Mail your signed proxy using the business reply envelope accompanying your proxy; or
- Scan and send your signed proxy to email@example.com.
Information for Non-Registered Holders
Non-registered shareholders will receive a voting instruction form with their physical copy of this notice. If you wish to vote, but not attend the meeting, the voting instruction form must be completed, signed and returned in accordance with the directions on the form.